Voice Over Training
A voice-over artist is there to make the voices jump off the page. This course introduces you to various voice-over scripts which present different demands. It is important that you identify the various voice-over scripts in order to approach them in a creative and intelligent manner, which satisfies the needs of the client.
- Posture behind the microphone
- The 5 production techniques
- Relaxation (throat tension) and breathing for a voice over
- Modulation - how to use the voice to get the message across
- Textual analysis
- Pitch, resonance - tone: sincere, happy, off the wall interpretation
- Diction - Articulation: consonants such as plosive “s” etc.
- Vowels - enunciation of monophthongs, diphthongs, triphthongs
- The 20 steps to success in voice-overs
- Voice over scripts - various demands
- Commercials: hard sell, soft sell, deep sell, cell phone content, “real” read – guy/girl next door, character voice, announcer – corporate sell (3rd person),
the spokes person (1st person) - home improvement, the gossip (woman - share opinions)
- Commentaries: financial, investigative, wildlife, educational, medical, travel, sport, the arts, technical, modern documentary (computer games)
- Other: on hold messages, website video’s, podcast intros and outros, sponsorship messages and DJ drops